March 7, 2016

It's Been a Long Time

It's been a long time.


I've gone away to college.  Met a lot of new people, and missed those at home.



Kept busy sewing through both my costume shop apprenticeship at the Pittsburgh Playhouse & with new friends at the Fort Pitt Museum.  


Point State Park is home to both the Fort Pitt Museum & the Fort Pitt Block House, which is the last and oldest surviving structure of the original fort.  



The tip of Pittsburgh's "Golden Triangle" is marked exactly where the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers flow into the Ohio River.



I even had the chance to tag along with the 63rd PA to the Beaver County Maple Sugar Festival!  

Civilian set up at the Beaver Country Maple Sugar Fest.


Not to mention, assisted on the wardrobe crew for my first college production.

The bold pattern of my current production assignment!

And fallen in love with the pretty city of Pittsburgh!


The Smithfield Street Bridge, completed in 1883, is Pittsburgh's oldest surviving river bridge.



With a total of 446 bridges, Pittsburgh has more bridges than any other city in the world, including Venice, Italy!





Day or night, the view is spectacular!  Living on the 21st floor, I take a few minutes every day to admire the river view.  



So, if the updates around here continue to be scarce, please be understanding and patient.  I will have plenty of pictures to show and stories to tell, eventually.  I've done a bit of growing up, and I now understand a little more certainly what I want and what I don't want in my future.  And, yes, historical sewing is a large part of the future that I envision!


In the mean time, to keep up with the changing times, I have an announcement to make:  The Young Sewphsiticate is now on Facebook!  There you will find more day-to-day sewing updates, sneak peaks at projects and other exclusive content that you won't find here.


I was convinced!  For quite some time now, I had been debating over starting a Facebook page for this blog, as many of my favorite and fellow costume bloggers have done.  Following some relatively recent success on Facebook and with the wholehearted encouragement of a good friend, I finally dove in.

If you're interested in staying in the loop, please check out the new Facebook companion to The Young Sewphisticate and consider "liking" & "sharing" to keep me sewing!  (You can also access and "like" it on the new side banner.)  Thank you, as always, for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ❤︎ Our Patrons

Like what you see here, and want to support future blogging and educational programming? Consider becoming a Patron - click on the button below to unlock exclusive contents, bonus blog posts, and more! Every contribution makes a big difference, thank you!