January 14, 2016

Greetings from Pittsburgh!

 "O brave new world that has such people in it. Let's start at once."
~ Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Oh how time has past!  Virgil stated the truth, that "time flies never to be recalled."  I would say that accurately describes the past four years of high school and my subsequent gap year-and-a-half.  It's the end of an era, and the start of a new one.  From high school to college, from adolescent to adult, from baby steps to big leaps forward.  It's time to make my way in the world, and to start, I am embarking on a new, college journey in Pittsburgh, PA!


That's right, I've moved to Pittsburgh!  Packed up the car, drove to Pittsburgh and moved into a cozy, little, 20th floor dorm at Point Park University.  Here, I will have the great pleasure & privilege of studying at and pursing my interest of all things costume related in the university’s prestigious Conservatory of Performing Arts (COPA).  Already within the first week, as a Technical Design & Management major in the Theater Production B.F.A program, my passions have been supported with my costume shop apprenticeship and first technical assignment to wardrobe in The Bluest Eye.  I couldn't be happier!  
So what does this mean for the future of The Young Sewphisticate?  The question has been asked several times whether or not I will continue to write in college...While originally this blog was created with the intention of keeping track of my internship, it has morphed into so much more - a visual portfolio, account of my sewing successes and shortcomings, a space for virtual interaction - and I firmly intend to keep writing as long as there is interest.  

Though the blog may become quieter with a theater and college class intense schedule, there is always plenty to write about!  I definitely want to document my costume shop apprenticeship, and update with what I am experiencing at the Pittsburgh Playhouse.  Personal sewing projects will also still be making appearances whenever possible.  


I am just so ready to learn and to try new things, and I hope that all of you readers will continue to follow and let me know how I'm doing!   Ready to stitch together new memories? 

(Image Source)

Thank you, one and all, for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ❤︎ Our Patrons

Like what you see here, and want to support future blogging and educational programming? Consider becoming a Patron - click on the button below to unlock exclusive contents, bonus blog posts, and more! Every contribution makes a big difference, thank you!